Please check the following to solve possible connectivity issues.
Please check if Holoswitch is running in Steam. You should see a Holoswitch icon in Windows’ tray in the down right corner. Like this:
Please ensure that both PC and your smartphone are connected to the same network. They can connect via Wifi or Ethernet cable as long as the are in the same network. Holoswitch will not send data to a cloud. Everything stays in your local network, hence both devices need to be able to communicate with each other.
Please check your permission settings. It should look like this:
Please check your firewall settings. Both services “Holoswitch” and “Holosbridge” (the part of Holoswitch that handles connectivity) need to get through the firewall. Please check if they have access and if not please manually add it to your firewall. It should look like this:
Please check if you’re using a VPN service that installed a Virtual Network adapter. Please deactivate it and check again if Holoswitch can detect your PC.
If nothing works, you can try restarting Windows, our SteamVR app (please check if Holoswitch icon in Windows’ tray disappears). Sometimes some processes can get stuck and restarting can help.
Well, it seems that you discovered a bug then. It's not bad for now. In fact, it's quite good. Because we’ll try to fix it asap so other users won’t get to the point. In that case please join our Discord (https://discord.gg/B7YPtEu). Our devs are also there to directly provide support. You could also write a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org but you’ll get faster support via Discord.
1. Which VR platforms are supported? We support all OpenVr compatible platforms such as HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Windows Mixed Reality
2. Does Holoswitch support Playstation VR? Unfortunately the first beta version of HOLOSWITCH will not be available for PlayStation VR but we hopefully will be working on a development for PSVR, too!
3. Does Holoswitch work with all my VR games? Yes, as long as you launch them through Steam.
4. Can I use Holoswitch on my iPhone? The first beta version of HOLOSWITCH will be only supported on Android, the iOS version is also in development.
5. Can I use Holoswitch on my Android phone? Yes.
6. When my friend sends me a message, can I directly answer it in VR? Yes, we are planning to support this feature..
7. Can I directly answer phone calls from within VR? Yes, we are planning to support this feature.
8. Can I select which kind of notifications I will receive? Can I block notifications? You can forward any notification from your phone and select on a per app basis which notifications you would like to receive and which not. The choice is yours!
9. Can anyone intercept my messages and personal information? A clear ‘NO’! Your Privacy and security is our highest priority! Contrary to other apps and services all your data will be stored locally and not transferred to a cloud. This works with an HTTPS-encryption which secures your notifications and messages from falling into the wrong hands.
Step 1 In case you didn’t notice it: To use “Holoswitch” to its full extent you need the mobile application of Holoswitch in addition to the Steam app. Sounds quite logical mh?. After all, you want to use your smartphone in VR. Download the Android app here:
Or just click here: Download Holoswitch on Google Play Store
Step 2 Start the Holoswitch Windows app you installed via Steam. A small Holoswitch icon should appear in Windows’ tray bar as shown in this picture.
Step 3 Start the Holoswitch Android app on your smartphone and follow the instruction we’re giving you there. Trust us! It’s pretty clear and simple!
Step 4 Now that you have successfully set up the connection between your devices you’re able select the app notifications you want to get in Virtual Reality. Tap “Settings” on the top menu bar and use the checkboxes beside the app name to activate or deactivate the app’s notifications. It’s actually as simple as it sounds.
Step 5 ENJOY YOUR VR GAMES AND EXPERIENCES! Now it’s not just mysteriously and anonymously vibrating in your pocket anymore. Now you know who’s sending a message, who’s calling or which app is sending an important or not so important notification. Hooray! You can be much more more relaxed and soothed in the virtual world now! You’re welcome!
Download Holoswitch apps for your Android SteamVR. If you run into any problems with installation go to FAQ.